2010년 1월 21일 목요일

A COBOL Programmer

삶에 자극을 주기 위해서 COBOL이나 배워볼까 하고 돌아다니다가 발견한 어느 노익장의 글. 인상적이라 퍼오다.

 

I'm a COBOL programmer.  I'm 58 years old and most of my work colleagues are only about 10 years or so younger, and I've been around since computers had valves. The main trick to understanding COBOL programmers is not to inadvertently make 'MicroSoft' requests.
By this I mean that if I am asked to write a program to read tens of millions of records I'm happy. If you ask that unwanted data be eliminated by a whole list of what will become complex SQL clauses, I'm still happy. If the results are to be grouped by hundreds of variables and then sorted, I'm still a little bit happy. But if you then say that you want the results in a spreadsheet - I WILL curse at you and tell you not very politely to put the results in a spreadsheet yourself.

 

from  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/960252/how-to-learn-cobol

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기